National Assoc. For The Advancement Of Young Entrepreneurs
The Limitless Entrepreneur: 5 Principles
Cofounder, theyounginc.com Coauthor, "The Young Entrepreneur's Guide to Success"
Sylvester Chisom, Dave Steward, Arthur Shivers
I was inspired today to write this from a meeting I had today with Mr. Dave Steward. He is the founder of World Wide Technology the largest black owned business in the nation ($4.7 billion annually).
What I gathered from this encounter today was the importance of not setting limits on your goals and dreams!
The truth of the matter is that there is something special in all of us and we should not discount that as it relates to setting our personal goals, career goals, and definitely our entrepreneurial goals.
When we allow doubt or fear to creep into our view of how far we can go we are creating our own glass ceilings. Push yourself to break through those glass ceilings by following these 5 Principles.
1) Surround yourself with positive and progressive people: Other peoples negative energy may begin to negatively affect your progress and slow you down. Build your network with people that can speed you up!
2) Dream big: See yourself were you want to be and be willing to put the work in to get there!
3) Continue finding ways to add value: Getting better every day is a necessary thing to do in order to remain competitive and keep an edge.
4) Focus on solutions and not problems: The most time and energy should be focused on resolving problems don't get hung up on the problem side. There is no progress until you start working on a solution.
5) Collaborate strategically: Find the partners, staff, suppliers, customers, advisors, etc to help you to push your dream through the glass ceiling. Build your team!